You will receive a customer care packet that you will need to fill out and bring to your first appointment.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare for your appointment:
- Wear comfortable clothing. If you are a lower extremity patient, it is best if you wear/bring a pair of shorts.
- Bring your insurance cards and written prescriptions.
- Bring your shrinker, socks, or any other products that you may have been given.
- Bring any and all shoes you would like to wear.
- Keep a list of any problems you may be having with your residual limb or existing prosthesis.
- Keep a list of questions or concerns for your prosthetist or any member of our staff.
- Have a list of goals that you would like to achieve in mind so that we can decide the best options for you.
- Avoid hot showers for at least one hour prior to your appointment to avoid swelling of the residual limb.
- Have someone who will serve as a support system attend the meeting with you.
- Be sure that you are following all orders issued by your physicians.
For a printable PDF version, click here.